Meet Classroom Teacher Shandar Stormland
Hello, My name is Shandar Stormland and I will be joining the Holy Cross Community as a classroom teacher. I am a passionate and enthusiastic educator and person, and I am thrilled to be part of the foundational team at Holy Cross in 2022.
About my teaching and learning:
- Next year will be by my seventh year in the classroom, with experience across junior and middle years of primary education.
- For me, teaching is a vocation where I can share my passion and joy for learning with others.
- I consider teacher-student relationships to be one of the most important elements of a positive learning environment and put energy into understanding the personalities, interests, abilities and backgrounds of my students.
- I aim to develop a rich connection with families so that we can collaboratively support learners to achieve success.
- I was born in Canada, however I grew up on a farm just outside of Melbourne with my parents and sister.
- I have been actively involved in my local Theatre company for most of my life, both performing on stage and supporting in the background. I love to sing.
- I live with my husband, Ryan, and have a pet parrot named Pip.
- Some of my favourite ways to spend time include a hot cup of tea and an engaging book, or breakfast at a cafe with good friends.