Introducing our Deputy Principal
Hello my name is Gemma Gowland and it is an absolute pleasure to introduce myself to the Holy Cross School Community. I have 33 years of teaching and leadership experience in Catholic schools. I am a highly energised person, always open to new opportunities and challenges and I feel privileged and excited about being appointed the Deputy Principal of Holy Cross.
A little bit about myself
- I was born in the western suburbs, grew up in the west and have worked for 33 years in Catholic schools in the western suburbs – Hoppers Crossing and Werribee North.
- I am a mother to two boys: My eldest son is currently on a gap year and working full time at Bunnings and my other son is currently in Year 12.
- My very supportive husband is currently a Deputy Principal at a Catholic school in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
- I love walking my dog, cooking and barracking for the Western Bulldogs. I also love being involved in my community football club and willing to help out when needed.
- My extended family and my circle of friends keep me busy on the weekends and help me unwind after a week of teaching, learning and leading.
A little bit about my teaching philosophy.
- I have always been passionate about providing strong educational opportunities for all students that are student centred, rigorous, collaborative and engaging.
- I value the importance of community engagement and forming strong connections with families through both the parish and the school community.
- I am committed to working collaboratively to ensure that the school vision will be embedded and a lived experience for all.
- I firmly believe that Leadership in any educational setting is a privilege and leaders need to be of service to others and I look forward to serving the community of Holy Cross.